Flood and Drain hydroponics is also referred to as ebb and flow system. It is a practical solution for those growing plants either for sell or home use. It is one of the most preferred methods of growing and irrigating plants by gardeners due to its cost effectiveness, simplicity, and ease of maintenance. It works on all spaces whether indoors or outdoors. You can also use any material imaginable especially locally available materials.
Importance of Flood and Drain
Flood and drain systems are important for a number of reasons;
- It helps supply sufficient amounts of nutrients to the plants. It is set up in such a way that flooding will never occur hence this helps avoid saturation of plant roots and provides best aeration for plant roots. Thus plants grow well and thrive.
- It is easy to set up or build a flood and drain It does not require an expert to build as the case may be with other types of hydroponics. A simple tutorial can make it easy for you to build one at home.
- The space required for a flood and drain hydroponics system is very minimal. It also works well whether it is done indoors or outdoors.
- You do not need to break the bank in order to set up your own flood and drain system for hydroponics. This is a cheap solution for growing and irrigating plants for everyone. All that is required is a good imagination and some basic knowledge of how this is done.
- It requires the least maintenance once set up is completed. As a matter of fact, the hardest part of the job is the setup which is ideally so much easy once you understand how it is done. This system requires the least supervision or maintenance. Your main task is to ensure enough nutrient solution is provided throughout and that the system is working as expected. There is no need for technical support.
A Final Word
Flood and Drain hydroponics is loved by many growers since you can almost use any material to build your own system. You do not have to use a lot of your money to grow the plants hydroponically. There is also flexibility on how to play around with this system. What can only be a limitation is your own imagination. It is neither limited by space nor budget. It works on both indoor and outdoor settings. To find out more about tricks and hacks you can employ when setting up your own flood and drain system for hydroponics check out https://www.greenspirit-hydroponics.com/.