Today’s youth are always on the lookout for their next adventure, their next vacation or their next trek to provide them with the adrenaline rush that they so desire. Is it any surprise then that so many of today’s youngsters love bike trips?
The feel of the wind as it brushes against your face, the serene beauty of nature all around you, the feeling of accomplishment at every summit. Just the thought of it makes you want to rush out and zoom off, doesn’t it?
Let’s look at some basic planning tips that will make your trip everything you dream off and more!
Put technology to good use
Life can be a lot simpler when technology is put to its intended use, isn’t it?
- Invest in high quality Bluetooth headsets and attach them to your helmets for added convenience – Stay in touch with your fellow bikers on every step of the way!
- Ear plugs are another life saver on long drives, when the constant noise on the roads gets amplified inside your helmet causing real trouble to your ears.
- How many pictures do you plan to click as you drive or make halts? Your GPS will also be a constant drain on your batteries. Ensure that you have trustworthy portable chargers and power banks on standby so your phones don’t conk off!
Keep old-world stuff for company too!
Yes, we do feel like world-conquerors with the latest gizmos at our service. But unfortunately, all it takes is a poor network connection to get us in trouble!
Remember to always have a Plan-B:
- This is a no-brainer – All of your bike paperwork, including your license, registration and PUC certificates have to be on hand, at all times.
- Physical maps are hugely underrated. But they can be life and time saving companions in remote areas where your GPS goes completely haywire. Always have a set at hand!
- Even when your bike is in premium condition, you never know what travails lie ahead of you, especially on treacherous terrains. A set of spares and a fully-equipped tool kit (and, of course, knowing how to use it) are mandatory.
- Keep an extra pair of gloves. It comes in handy if the pair you’re wearing gets wet in the rains or simply gets too sweaty.
Plan for any eventualities
Irrespective of how well you plan, all it takes is one small incident to create complete chaos and mess up your entire schedule. That’s where two wheeler insurance can come in handy to at least mitigate the financial impact.
Here’s what you need to know about two wheeler insurance plans:
- While a Third-party insurance is mandatory and will cover you from the liability of pain caused to a third-party, a comprehensive plan will also cover you and your motorbike for any damage.
- Comprehensive plans also cover loss due to tragedies like fire, natural calamities and theft.
- For any damages that aren’t included in your comprehensive bike insurance, there are add-ons covering issues like engine replacement, key replacement and more.
Of course, any claim you make on your vehicle will only be valid if you were the one driving it! So take these basic precautions that will prevent heartburn later.
Start planning your next bike trip with these guidelines in mind and don’t forget to look up various two wheeler insurance plans online!