If your business is just starting, one of your first duties is to organise reliable and trustworthy phone access. Most work is carried out on networked computers, but any office will still need phones for their day-to-day communications. In the bad old days, the telephone systems used to be expensive, and they were often problematic to reconfigure or scale up or down as a company wanted.
But nowadays, Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, provides modern telephone technology, which utilises broadband internet connections, and hosted VoIP systems and has a whole range of benefits over the system of the past.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of hosted VoIP phone systems:
- VoIP Is Easier to Set Up, Configure, and Manage
- IP Phones are easy to set up, and that goes for those who lack technical know-how. Instead of people coming into and fitting phone cables around your building, you can easily install an IP Phone system and be ready to use it quickly.
- VoIP by Numbers
- It’s not always too easy to know how many phones you’ll need over the next year or two, and should you be using a conventional phone system, you will have to figure out prudently how you can avoid wasting cash on phone lines you’ll never use.
- With a VoIP phone system for your company, you can add a line when you have a new employee on board, and if an employee leaves, you can simply reassign or do away with the line. You will constantly have the ideal number of phone lines for all of your requirements.
- Employees’ Numbers Go With Them Anywhere
- If you’re looking at revamping or expanding an office space, VoIP phone systems allow for users to access a suitable web portal to reconfigure the system whenever it is needed. Hosted VoIP phone systems are also great for companies that have field workers or workers who do a lot of travelling. Any call can be redirected to any place on the planet because of cloud-hosted VoIP phone system features.
- Aging Technology Such as Fax Is Provided For
- Virtual faxing is yet another easy feature of a VoIP phone system. And as many of you well know, in the modern age of email and instant communication, at times there are still some occasions when faxes are required. Without any need for paper or toner, you can easily send and receive a fax using the email account you have with a hosted VoIP system.
- Hosted VoIP is Very Cost Effective
- Being super friendly on costs is certainly a vital aspect of a Hosted VoIP phone system. The legacy systems were certainly not cheap, the installation was not only intrusive, and reconfiguring took time and system changes. Maintenance and repair work was also usually somewhat expensive.
So, as you can read above, the future of phone systems is already here and you wonder why VoIP has become so increasingly popular?!